Record Series 443 contains the history notebooks of the Helen Matthewson Club.
The Helen Matthewson Club (HMC) was established in the fall of 1923 by Dean of Women Helen Matthewson Laughlin as a living
cooperative where self supporting University women could enjoy the companionship of others, obtain adequate housing at a fair
price, and serve the school and community. The HMC was initially located at Oakwood House near the Vermont Ave. campus of
the University of California Southern Branch [UCLA]. With the Fall 1929 opening of UCLA's Westwood campus, the HMC relocated
to a new home at 900 Hilgard Ave.
0.8 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.